Thursday, 10 April 2014

Reading

WALT: ask questions as we read to make sure we understand what we read.

 Remember we can question before we read…
What is this going to be about? What do I already know that will help me understand? what do I want to find out?
 We can question as we read… 
what does that mean? what is going to happen next? what else do I want to know?
 We can question after we read…
does that make sense? what have I learned? have I answered my earlier questions? what else do I want to know?
  • I learned to: ask questions 
  • Most challenging was: making questions
  • Next step is to: think more
Qwade, you are a great reader and you make sure you understand what you are reading. You can use prediction and questioning to help 'tune in' to your text and make sure you get the most out of it. It can be tricky to think about questions before you have read the text so make sure you keep wondering and thinking as you read to ask lots of different questions.Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment